Drumming in all its different forms is a powerful instrument for healing: physically, socially and emotionally.
Drumming for stress relief and nervous system regulation is an 8 week facilitated group program that requires no drumming experience and no musical background.
- It is for anyone 15 years or older who are wanting to decrease their response to stress and distress.
- The group runs for 2 hours weekly on the same day and time.
- The program provides the use of drums, percussion instruments, and hard copy handouts, resources and take home – take away techniques for everyday use.
- Each week will have a theme that will be explored through drumming exercises, activities and general discussion.
- Cost for the 8 week program is $1,200 per participant and payment is required in full prior to the start.
- The group will run based on a minimum of 8 attendees and a maximum of 10 plus the facilitators.
NOTE: Some groups may have a week or two week break based on holidays
and or other programs that are already in place by the facilitators.
If you want to go fast, go alone, if you want to go far, go together.African Proverb
Participants will engage in an 8 weekly – 2 hour program that is designed to be safe, fun and provide information, skills and resources to manage stress, distress and increase your sense of choice and control about your reactions and actions.
The drumming program is not individual or group therapy – it is a space and program to support healing and provides regulation skills, new learnings and understanding about different ways to regulate and support yourself with guided drumming as the core method of exploration. Drumming in all its different forms is a powerful instrument for healing: physically, socially and emotionally.
The program is based on the following guidelines and values:
- Collaboration and mutuality
- Trustworthiness and transparency
- Empowerment and choice
- Cultural, historical, gender issues and respect for diversity and inclusivity and equality.
The group will be facilitated by
- Kaye Griffin, with
- Co-facilitator Traci Tucker, and
- Canine co-therapist – Emmie (Alaskan Malamute)
We hope that you will join us in the drumming program for stress relief and nervous system regulation and be part of the fun and learning. Groups will run in April, June, August and October 2023.
Contact Kaye Griffin for further information, registration form and payment details by email to: email@example.com
Registration and full payment is required the month before each group:
- 6 March 2023 for April
- 1 May 2023 for June
- 3 July 2023 for August
- 4 September 2023 for October